When you’re getting ready to buy car insurance, it’s helpful to have an agent that can navigate you through the ins and outs. At AWARD Insurance Group in Dalton, GA, our independent agents are available to guide you in the right direction, but they are a few myths about car insurance that you should know before you get started.
- The color raises your premiums. You’ve had your eye on that cherry red sports car for several years and now you can afford it, but you believe the insurance will go up because it’s flashy. This is a myth. It’s not the color, but the type of vehicle you are buying. Other things that may be taken into consideration are the vehicle’s safety rating and the sticker price.
- The older you are the more your insurance will increase. In fact, many adults that are over the age of 55 may be considered for a reduction in their rates. Age requirements vary, so discuss this option with your independent agent at AWARD Insurance Group.
- Your credit does not affect your rate. Your credit score may be taken into account when you start searching for car insurance. If your score is good, you could end up having a lower premium than someone who has a lower score.
- The minimum insurance will cover everything. Some people believe that the minimum amount of insurance that the state requires you to have will cover everything. Many accidents cost more than your minimum auto liability. Additional coverage may be required, so you won’t have to pay out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical costs.
- Other drivers are covered under your policy. If you loan your vehicle to a friend you should make sure that your policy covers the damage to the vehicle if there is an accident.
Come by our offices in Dalton, GA. The AWARD Insurance Group has help individuals that can properly supply you with accurate information regarding auto insurance coverage.