Safety is key for a good time, after all nothing can rain on a parade quite like a serious injury. However, there are a few things that are not common knowledge when it comes to ATV safety. The more you know, the more time you can spend in the woods or the track having a great time.
6 Things to Know About ATV Safety
- Statistically a helmet has been proven over and over again to be the difference between life and death.
- New riders are more likely to be the cause of an ATV accident, regardless of age.
- Younger riders account for less ATV deaths than adults, this is likely due to more adults riding than youth. The numbers last calculated averaged, 568 for adults and 144 for children. Any number is too high when death can be prevented.
- There were more than 100,000 thousand ATV injuries in 2012 alone. The majority of the injuries were to the arms and hands, with the head and neck coming in close second.
- A rider under the age of 16, whether driver or passenger must have a helmet according to law. All drivers regardless of age or experience can benefit from an helmet though.
- There are regulations when it comes to drinking and driving ATVS, just like any other motor vehicle. If you drink – don’t drive, no matter the size or where you are driving to.
Award Insurance Group can assist you in getting the best rate for your ATV insurance, as well as keep you informed on all the newest information on ATV safety and regulations. Because having a good time should not come at too high a cost.